As a pet owner no doubt you consider your canine friend as part of your family. They may drive you mad one minute and have you in stitches the next but their unconditional love for you makes it all worthwhile. But our furry friends share something in common with us, humans. They too can suffer chronic pain from various conditions, can suffer from anxiety and nerves.
CBD is one of many compounds, known as cannabinoids, that are found in the cannabis plant. This oil has helped many people with various health conditions relieving chronic pain and making many conditions physical and mentally more manageable. Research has shown that cannabis can help inhibit the growth of, and even kill the cells of, cancerous tumors. CBD products are not a psychoactive agent, meaning that they do not contain the substance THC or very little depending upon the product. It will not provide a high.
Lots of people have been using this compound on their pets with great results!
Both humans and dogs have the same endogenous cannabinoid system. CBD acts by targeting these receptors located in the brain, organs, central nervous system, and immune cells that stimulate relaxing effects.
The majority of diseases in dogs all result in the same types of symptoms – chronic pain, nausea, loss of appetite, change in behavior, etc. CBD is an all-around stimulant that can help your dog relax and alleviate pain. The benefits are incredible! There are so many anecdotal testimonials as to its benefit. As studies progress CBD natures medicine is sure to bring great things to light.
Below are some of the conditions CBD has treated.
- May Reduce Anxiety– Sometimes dogs suffer from nervous conditions that may cause destructive behaviors or other behavioral traits. CBD is a relaxing stimulant that can calm your pet.
- May Prevent Cancer– Cancer brings many side effects such as chronic pain, nausea, and loss of appetite. CBD can help your pet feel more comfortable during this distressing time. CBD has also been proven to aid in preventing and killing cancer by allowing the immune system to kill cancer cells and blocking the cancer cells ability to produce energy. CBD contains anti-tumor properties!
- Has helped boost appetite- Another problem CBD oil can benefit.
- May Relieve chronic pain and Arthritis– CBD is a natural pain reliever and also an anti-inflammatory.
- May Treat Seizures and Epilepsy– CBD has been known to reduce the frequency of such and in some cases get rid of them. Other drugs can cause side effects and/or stop working.
CBD is available in several forms as below.
- CBD tincture
The doses of CBD oil will vary depending on the size of your dog.
However, if you are unsure about administering CBD oil please speak to a Vet. If other medications are being administered at the same time you may want to check. CBD is a natural compound and should pose no threat.
Always make sure it is a quality CBD oil from a reputable company. Some products contain very little CBD which will not work. But the price of quality could potentially help your furry friend and that makes it worth every penny!
Thank you for reading. As always I am willing to learn about your experiences with CBD oil and your thoughts on it. As time progresses we will learn more about this natural compound. Bottom line is its worth a try if it relieves suffering.
Elements of this blog were sourced from the following: